Advance your career with the Hamilton/Niagara Chapter.
A part of the Insurance Institute of Ontario.
CIP: Last chance to register for standard Winter 2017 courses
The CIP is an important investment in your insurance career. Employers look for it when making hiring decisions, and those who have the designation earn about $8,000 more than their peers without it.
View courses and register now
Learn how to advance your career
Join National Education Month - February 2017
NAVIGATE | EDUCATE | CELEBRATE
Attend local seminars, webinars, and events, and celebrate the launch of mycareer, a new open online resource of career maps, education pathways, assessment tools and tip sheets for those in the industry looking to navigate their insurance career.
What’s your career goal? Choose the complimentary webinar that best fits your area of interest and discover pathways to advancing your career. If you attend a local seminar, event or "Take a break with the Institute" visit in Ontario, you'll have a chance to win one of three $100 gift cards. We look forward to connecting with you during National Education Month!
Member Bonus: Complimentary for IIO Members!
Our Member Bonus Series webinars are open to all IIO members, no matter what chapter you belong to. They cover basic insurance topics you could benefit from clarification on, and offer 1 Technical RIBO hour (pending). Register early, because every Member Bonus webinar has been full to capacity. Learn more.
Register now for:
• Insurance Implications of Automated Vehicles - February 16, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Complimentary webcast in partnership with the IBAO.
CIP student? Download the Institute's free mobile app!
Available through Google Play and the App Store, IIC Mobile Learning is a study tool that contains the Dictionary of Insurance, free practice questions for C11 students, and you can also access and edit your member profile and course records. And if you're a C11 or C13 student, additional practice exam questions are also available for in-app purchase. Discover how this app can help you with your study and professional needs.
Get your RIBO hours OnDemand
You know we provide local seminars to help you get your hours, but help is also here with CE OnDemand, a new catalogue of online continuing education courses designed by the Insurance Institute of Canada for brokers and agents. Take a one-hour CE OnDemand course from wherever you are, anytime during the day or night. There's also special introductory pricing. Learn more.
Must-Attend Seminars and Events
Industry Trends & Predictions: 2017
Tuesday, February 07, 2017 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Annual Convocation & Networking Event
Enjoy an evening of celebration, connecting with old colleagues and meeting new friends, as we honor the hard work and dedication of our newest Fellows and Chartered Insurance Professionals.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Builder's Risk & Wrap-up Liability
When building construction occurs as either ground-up new or renovation of an existing structure, there are many complex exposures and coverage options the underwriter, broker and risk manager must consider. They must also ensure the project is in compliance with the contract of the risk presented. In the event of a claim that arises during or after completion of a project, the adjuster must also be aware of available protections and clauses that may play a role in the settlement of the claim.
Join us for this half-day seminar to learn more about Builder's Risk and the consideration for each participant.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Interested in holding a seminar at the Hamilton/Niagara Chapter? Please contact Dawn Cant Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 905-574-1820.
Connecting you with the latest industry news
The CIP Society offers a wide range of free online resources for our members and the industry at large, including monthly Trends Papers on topics like Uber and the Internet of Things, as well as research reports on topics like Cyber Risks and Automated Vehicles. Visit our Trends Paper page for the full library of papers and our Insights and Research page for the full listing of research reports.
Did you Know?
• We have our own Flickr Page, dedicated to sharing photos of special events and seminars held at the Hamilton/Niagara Chapter office! Check back frequently to see photos of recent events.
• Volunteer for your local Chapter - Have you often thought you would like to give back to your industry? The Hamilton /Niagara Chapter has various volunteer opportunities and we would like to discuss the options available with you. Join us on Thursday, May 12th for an information session. Contact the chapter for further details.
• Training & Meeting Room Rentals - Are you looking for a professional meeting room and training space for your Hamilton and Niagara area business needs? The IIO - Hamilton/Niagara chapter offers affordable space solutions that will suit you. Located on East Mountain in Hamilton, we have several state-of-the-art rooms with modern conveniences. Download our flyer to learn more. [PDF]
•Ask the Institute - now updated. You’ll find the answers to questions our students ask the most. We want to help you make the most of your student experience so you can get ahead in your career and stay there! Learn more at www.insuranceinstitute.ca/ask.
• The Hamilton/Niagara Chapter is on Twitter!
• Are you looking for RIBO hours? Did you know that students taking CIP courses in Ontario are eligible for 16 RIBO technical hours, except for C16 and C132, which are eligible for 20 management hours? Contact your local chapter for details. Continuing education credits from seminars will vary depending on the type and length of seminar. More information is available on each of the seminar information pages.
If your goal is to set yourself up for an exciting insurance career, the Insurance Institute is where you belong. Take your education and career to a whole new level. Membership with the Insurance Institute will give you the edge you need to succeed.